Monday, May 24, 2010

Objective ZED ALPHA
The Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions concluded on Friday, with the following bit of encouraging news: Tournament winner (who really should be styled the "Champion of Champions," like the old Shahenshah) Vijay Balse reported that he auditioned for Jeopardy! "six times over sixteen years" before being accepted as a contestant on the show. If true, this jives with what my fellow prospective contestants and I were told at our audition in Chicago in May '09, that many of Jeopardy!'s biggest winners over the years have tried out multiple times before being accepted as contestants. There are yet six months remaining before the expiration of ZED ALPHA and there is no reason to believe the telephone won't ring. (On that subject, Where's my phone call, Trebek?) But if ZED ALPHA fails and I must resort to Objective ZED BETA, Objective ZED GAMMA, et cetera, at least I'll be in good company.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer, "Argh…I'm a Pirate" from the Popsicle E.P. (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I am absolutely going to use these lyrics as a line at the first opportunity.

"So let's turn this room into a pirate ship
And plunder each other."

1 comment:

brenda cox giguere said...

It sounds like they might ration out the television appearances of truly prodigious contestants. This sounds like I'm flattering you, I know, but I'm actually serious. Those producers must live in fear there won't be enough of you guys to sustain their show across the years in this age of uninformed people.

Hang in there.