Monday, May 10, 2010

So sorry there was nothing yesterday. I returned from Ohio and all was well, but by the time we returned from taking my mother out to dinner for Mothers Day, the house's internet had failed and 'twas not restored until something this afternoon.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Heard during an IMAX presentation of the film Hubble on Saturday, and referenced in an I.M. chat this afternoon with the commentary by my conversational partner, "makes me cry."

Sonntag, 9 Mai
The Proclaimers, "Notes & Rhymes" from Notes & Rhymes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"I love rock & roll,
It took my hand and it touched my soul!
You do that as well,
You know, you know, you know yourself!
But you beat notes & rhymes
Any day, any time!"


Samstag, 8 Mai
Paramore, "The Only Exception" from Brand New Eyes (T.L.A.M.)

Freitag, 7 Mai
Mustard Plug, "Real Rat Bastard" from In Black and White (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"We're both the same,
Except for you've got class and style.
To get you back
I'd walk at least a half a mile.
We're both the same,
Except for poise and charm and grace.
I'd slap the Pope
Just for the chance to see your face."


Donnerstag, 6 Mai
Reel Big Fish, "Beer" from Turn the Radio Off (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I drink what beer I do because I enjoy the taste, not because it will lead to inebriation. But, I do lament the failure of the various attempts, in my youth, to become intoxicated, because that strikes me as something everyone should experience at least once. Also, there have been times when I've been able to say "I need a drink," yet knew that I would not find the desired succor at the bottom on of my glass. But there is hope, my legendary tolerance, while still formidable, is not quite what it once was and so I may yet be drunk before I perish.

"But I can't live without her,
So I won't even try!

And if I get drunk,
Well, I'll pass out on the floor now, baby,
You won't bother me no more!
And if you're drinkin'
Well, you know that you're my friend,
And I'll say, 'I think I'll have myself a beer!'"

No comments: