Saturday, June 11, 2011

24 Heures du Mans | 21:24:00
The first stint of Speed's race coverage has concluded, with the "broadcast" of the race switching from the television channel to the streaming website. Watching online is an overall inferior experience to watching on T.V., as I've groused extensively about the American Le Mans Series's decision to "air" the races live exclusively on ye olde interweb, but I think Speed can be forgiven for not carrying all twenty-four hours of Le Mans on television. Television coverage will resume at 3:30 P.M. (local time) & continue 'til 8:00, then resume again at 11:00 P.M. & carry on through the night (night here, day in France) right to the end of the race at 9:00 A.M.; so, there's no room to complain with seventeen hours on T.V. I am soon to step away briefly to catch a shower & get some lunch.

I received a text message from The Guy just shy of 9:00 this morning; "Mornin', race fans!" I didn't respond until well after 10:00 because I'd left my mobile upstairs whilst I was downstairs comfortably ensconced in the green chair, my preferred perch. So, that's at least one boon companion to whom I've spread the Le Mans fever. Huzzah!

Project GLOWWORM
I cut my hair & trimmed my beard yesterday, one day ahead of schedule so as to minimize the interruptions to my viewing of the 24 Hours. My hair is been & has been for quite some time on a consistent every-three-weeks basis; this was the first time I'd fully aligned the trimming of my beard with that rotation. Three weeks prior I trimmed my beard at the same time I cut my hair, but my beard had been growing for five weeks at that point & as has oft proved the case over the many years that I've been trimming my hair that when I let my hair grow too long I then cut it too short. That was the case with the beard last time 'round; even this trim was not a true test of the three-week rotation. Next time will be a better gauge. I'm dialing in on the Goldilocks length, the length at which I hope to maintain my beard over the long term. We're just not quite there yet, but I knows it coming.

My moustache continues to grow, more unabated that before. I am experimenting with letting the whiskers over my lips grow a little bit longer, hoping to generate a fuller appearance. Sir Edward Elgar is my moustache idol in this (Wayback Machine, "Moustache Hero"). This experiment will die a quick death if the whiskers start to get tangled up with my food. Eww! Meanwhile, the wings continue to grow fuller & longer. This is no longer the Magnificent Moustache Malarkey, but this malarkey with my moustache is still magnificent!

No comments: