Thursday, June 2, 2011

Project GLOWWORM
A lesson learnt from the horror that was Tuesday: 90˚ Fahrenheit with humidity to match is too hot & too sticky for my driving gloves. They have ventilating holes that are normally quite effective for cooling, but there is no relief to be found in such dense, swampy air; the best chance to eek out any tiny sliver of comfort is to forgo the gloves, however odd that feels after growing used to them lo these many months.

The Queue
Heat Wave picked up toward the end, once an art theft was piled atop the murder disguised as suicide, but I still shan't be reading Naked Heat or the forthcoming Heat Rises. Too many books, too little time.

Recently
Len Deighton, XPD
John le Carré, Tinker, Tailor, Solder, Spy
"Richard Castle," Heat Wave

Currently
Sloane Crosley, I Was Told There'd Be Cake

Presently
Drew Karpyshyn, Star Wars: Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
Anthony Hope, Rupert of Hentzau
E. W. Hornung, The Amateur Cracksman

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Less Than Jake, "Settling Son" from GNV FLA (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: That is some bitchin', screamin' guitar, boys & girls.

Mittwoch, 1 June
Less Than Jake, "Overrated (Everything Is)" from In With the Out Crowd (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"Maybe I'm jaded and bored,
Always lookin' for more,
Waiting 'round for the next big fix, I know
I'm a wreck, I'm a mess,
But I couldn't care less,
Don't know what it would take to change me.
Everybody's so afraid to be different,
Please excuse me now if I don't get it."

No comments: