Monday, August 1, 2011

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Polka Face" from Alpocalypse (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: With every passing "Weird Al" album I know fewer & fewer of the songs comprising the polka medley. Having read the liner notes, my question to you is, Who is Ke$ha? This is a contemporary musician? The world has passed me by & that's A-OK by your humble narrator.

Sonntag, 31 Juli
The Proclaimers, "Scotland's Story" from Persevere (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I must say, there are not enough songs in my music library with lyrics that reference fighting the Afrika Korps.

Samstag, 30 Juli
They Might Be Giants, "When Will You Die" from Join Us (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "When Will You Die" is exactly the song you'd think it is based on the title.

Freitag, 29 Juli
They Might Be Giants, "Can't Keep Johnny Down" from Join Us (T.L.A.M.)

2 comments:

Dr. Hee Haw said...

In the case of Ke$ha, I think you're better off not knowing.

Mike Wilson said...

Woo hoo, ignorance is bliss!