Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Project GLOWWORM
I didn't wear a hat today, Ash Wednesday, so as not to smudge the ashes on my forehead. The sensation of walking around campus with my head uncovered was bizarre; more than ever, the conviction arouse without conscious thought that for propriety's sake a man should wear a hat.

A longer discussion could be had about the potentially contra-Biblical boastfulness of wearing the ashes in the first place, much less trying to preserve them for as long as possible, but the fire's not in me today. Instead, here are a couple of Ash Wednesday gems for times past: Wayback Machine ('05) & Wayback Machine ('08).

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Mitch & Mickey, "When You're Next to Me" from A Mighty Wind: The Album (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: For my money, "When You're Next to Me" is a more romantic love song than "A Kiss At the End of the Rainbow," even though "Kiss" has Mitch & Mickey's famous on-stage kiss.

No comments: