Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Project MERCATOR
In a rare midweek outing, & a reunion with chums of longstanding, I rode down to Great Lakes Crossing with Daddy Dylweed, & we were joined there by the Anonymous Friend for dinner & a motion picture, The Grey. 'Twas delightful seeing them both, though once the film Cowboys & Aliens was mentioned my mind kept casting back to last summer & a date with The Redhead, when I saw the mediocre film at her insistence. The circumstances of today's reunion were less than ideal, but such is life; when given lemons, make lemonade.

Also, this morning I awoke to a report on the radio about the wolf population in Michigan. It seems that most of the wolves are in the vast wilderness of the Upper Peninsula ("the U.P."), but some have made their unholy way down to the Lower Peninsula ("the Mitten"). Yeah, so even in downtown Flint I'm going to be paranoid about wolves for the next few days; not perhaps the most auspicious day on which to have seen The Grey.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Flogging Molly, "Every Dog Has Its Day" from Swagger (T.L.A.M.)

2 comments:

Zimm said...

Good times were had by all.

Also, I just need to point out that the word verification that google is giving me right now to post this comment is:

"balls"

Mike Wilson said...

Thumbs up!