Saturday, February 11, 2012

You're no idea how thrilled I was to be able to shovel snow from the driveway this morning. I say that without the slightest trace of irony. I've missed the winter, "the dark, killing winter," like a drowning man misses dry land. The snow! The ice! The bone-chilling wind that cuts through your parka as if it wasn't even there! I enjoy immensely each of these things & have been by & large denied their splendor all this long, pathetically warm & sunny winter. I know this won't last, that the misaligned jetstream will soon enough return us to the abominable warmth, but for a few days at least my beloved winter is here & I am so very, very happy.

Project GLOWWORM
As much as I love both winter & my whiskers, & as much as I reveled in today's snowy wonderland, icicles in my bear & my moustache are no fun at all. Through two winters, I've not devised a way around the problem. In the same fashion, though I have breakfast cereal more mornings than not, I've not yet devised a method for keeping milk from soaking the lowest-hanging strands of my moustaches's flying handlebars. Small prices to pay for the day-in & day-out pleasure of the whiskers, but prices to pay nonetheless.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The New Main Street Singers, "The Good Book Song" from A Mighty Wind: The Album (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "It's scary, but it's true…"

No comments: