Thursday, July 18, 2013

Kith & Kin
The Guy rang my mobile this evening to wish me a happy birthday. He was exactly one week early, but it really is the thought that counts. I still have saved to my mobile the voice message he left last year on my birthday. I did not ring him back on the day, & after that the opportunity quickly got away from me. My birthday has been a large familial celebration ever since Where's Teddy?'s birth, so I'm not always able to interact with my kith as I might otherwise wish. I'm glad to have conversed with my dear friend & fellow Blue Tree Whacker. I thank ye for ringing, The Guy. I'm obliged.

We were each eager to share with the other the news that Ki-El, a mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper an entertainment website, had interviewed the M.C. Bat Commander, the leader & lead singer of The Aquabats!, at the San Diego Comic-Con. Super rad!



Autobahn
I saw a Maserati GranTurismo yesterday, not in Ann Arbor or Bloomfield Hills but in Flint, on I-69 near the aerodrome. Bella! Bella!

On the opposite end of the automotive beauty spectrum, earlier in the week I espied not one but two Pontiac Azteks parked in a neighbor's driveway. One is ungainly enough, but two? A matching pair? Was the homeowner competing in a world's ugliest driveway competition? If so, that was a strong effort. Well done.

No comments: