Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lies, Damned Lies, & the News
I've watched an episode of N.H.K. World's Newsline, N.H.K. being Japan's public broadcaster & N.H.K. World being N.H.K.'s international channel, & it was absolutely fascinating to see how much of the half-hour program was devoted to the People's Republic of China (P.R.C.), specifically the rising spending on the People's Liberation Army, which contains all three branches of the P.R.C.'s martial services. (The P.R.C.'s naval arm is called, honest to goodness, the People's Liberation Army Navy.) Of course, were I Japanese, seeing the indecisiveness & impotence of United States foreign & defense policy under President Obama, I would be striving to raise the alarm about the continual rises in P.R.C. military spending.

I saw Newsline on one of the local P.B.S. stations. I am grateful for the chance to have seen Newsline, though this does not change my opinion that the national government ought not to fund P.B.S. & N.P.R.

No comments: