Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Explorers' Club, № CCCXLVII

The extraordinary life & travels of Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859).







Urbi et Orbi
By the end of June I had attended the celebration of Mass twenty-seven times in Anno Domini 2013. The good news is that this is above the informal goal of twenty-six Masses through the first six months of the year, a pace conducive to achieving the year's goal of fifty-two Masses; the bad news is that through April I was attended Mass an average of five times a month, putting me on pace for thirty Masses by the end o' June. Nevertheless, I am pleased by the twenty-seven Masses, especially considering that the first six months are shorter than the last six months, there being only three months with thirty-one days, as opposed to the latter half's four, & the year's sole month with a mere twenty-eight days. That's only three days, sure, but three days are nearly half a week, which could be quite significant given how the Sundays line up. Twenty-seven Masses in six months is also none-too-shabby given that just a few years hence my annual total was a paltry thirty-two. As ever, I count the number of Masses I see celebrated not for mine own glory but as a way to measure my mindfulness of the Lord's explicit commands & my submissiveness to His implicit will.

State of the Blog
I'm still irked by the imposition of mandatory post titles, but I am striving to make the best of a bad situation. Life, or more specifically Google Inc., has given me lemons & I am making lemonade. Worth noting is that I've never been fond of lemonade, having never found it able to slake my thirst.

No comments: