Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Bad Company, "Bad Company" from Bad Company (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Almost as much fun as "King Apparatus" by King Apparatus from King Apparatus, though lacking the appeal of repeatedly saying or typing the word "apparatus." Apparatus.

What fondness I have for the music of Bad Company springs mostly from its use in the motion picture
Scotland, PA, a picture I recommend highly.

Samstag, 9 November
The University of Michigan Marching Band, "Main Theme (from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves)" from A Saturday Tradition (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: The football might be a disaster, but you can always count on the Michigan Marching Band to uphold the honor of the University of Michigan & uplift the spirits of the Maize & Blue faithful. Go Blue!

Freitag, 8 November
They Might Be Giants, "Prevenge" from The Spine (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I spied an advertisement for a prescription drug branded as, I kid you not, "provenge." Provenge? Like, proactive revenge? Another term for preemptive revenge, A.K.A. prevenge?

"Can you tell that I'm planning prevenge?
Read my mind, yes, I'm planning prevenge…"

No comments: