Saturday, November 16, 2013

Urbi et Orbi

Yesterday, I rose before sunup & attended confession before morning Mass (availing myself of the Sacraments of Reconciliation & the Eucharist). That marked the fifty-second time I had attended Mass this year, Anno Domini 2013. At long last, I achieved the attendance goal I first set for myself in '08 or '09; I set a new personal best for annual attendance approximately ten Masses ago in September. I was greatly aided in the achievement of this goal by the first weekend in October, & another earlier in the year, during which I attended all four of the weekend Masses at my parish, Holy Redeemer, in order to promote membership in the Knights of Columbus, but as I have always said, measurement is not the aim in & of itself. These two weekends were amazing experiences, as spending so much time in the presence of a miracle like the Eucharist can't help but have a profound influence on one's thinking, on one's dedication to holiness. I am a wretched sinner, in many ways the same wretch I have always been, but I am also a child of the Lord, the same child of the Lord I have always been. Getting to Mass with greater frequency & greater regularity has had the salutary effect for which I hoped. I am more cognizant of the Lord's calling, more intentional in my adherence to His Will. This morning, I again rose before sunup & attended a Bible study/prayer group called Saint Joseph Covenant Keepers. The work continues, to arm & equip myself to be His instrument in this world of woe & sin.

Fifty-two Masses, & counting.

"And now for something completely different."

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Steve Martin & the Toot Uncommons, "King Tut" (live) via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: