Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Tom Jones & Johnnie Spence, "I Can't Turn You Loose" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Most persons know "I Can't Turn You Loose" as an instrumental piece, the introductory music for the Blues Brothers. The song was written & first recorded by the late, great Otis Redding. Being used to "I Can't Turn You Loose" as part of the Blues Brothers Rhythm & Blues Revue, Tom Jones's version seems almost surreal, like quite a lot of things about Tom Jones, now that I think about it.

Dienstag, 19 November
John Williams featuring the Mormon Tabernacle Choir & the Utah Symphony Orchestra, "Call of the Champions (The Official Theme of the 2002 Olympic Winter Games)" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I disdain the Olmpics, but I revel in the music of John Williams.

No comments: