Friday, February 21, 2014

Operation AXIOM

Twelve years ago to the day, 21 February 2002, The Secret Base of the Rebel Black Dot Society was first published. I have no great profundity to proclaim. This blog was & remains the highly idiosyncratic soap box of a man possessed of such a reservoir of anger as to be known as "The Last Angry Man," a man of copious vices & slightly inadequate virtues. My deepest thanks go to those who have been reading from day one. My sincere, though in truth shallower, thanks go to those who are reading this blog for the first time. I've never quite put my finger on what I want this blog to be, but I know that all too often I've fallen short of what it should be. Eventually, practice might make perfect. Or perhaps perfection is unattainable, & it is sufficient to have tried one's best. The Secret Base was first published, a dozen years ago today.

As-Way-Back-As-It-Gets Wayback Machine.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of This Day
The Ataris, "San Dimas High School Football Rules" from Blues Skies, Broken Hearts… Next 12 Exits (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I choose as the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. a song I might well have been listening to twelve years ago, though probably not as I published the first post, because I used the Angell Hall "Fish Bowl" computing lab an awful lot back then & didn't often use a portable music player. (I had a Discman, though not one of the then-brand-new iPods.)

No comments: