Saturday, December 13, 2014

Drink!

As a gift to yours truly, Brother & Mrs. Brother Nacho brought back from their recent sojourn to the City of Brotherly Love a variety six-pack of beers. I love the Nachos, I love my present, & I have enjoyed four of the five beers I've imbibed. But a few lines printed on the label of the one I drank last night, called Adoration, roused my ire, striking me as an exemplar of everything I detest about craft-beer snobbery:
Pour slowly so as not to disturb the yeast sediment, but with enough vigor to create a luxurious head and release the rich bouquet.
Saying to me, face-to-face & without irony, that I should pour with vigor enough to create a luxurious head & release a rich bouquet is probably a good way to provoke me into throwing a bottle at your head. O.K., my super-ego wouldn't permit me to throw a bottle at anyone's head on such skimpy provocation, but the roguish desire to do so would be there.

I do not regard the name Adoration as blasphemous, merely pompous. Craft-beer douchebags! I have no inherent objection to craft beer, only craft-beer snobbery & douchebaggery (which does not seem to be a legitimate word, but you take my meaning).

Cheers!

No comments: