Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Project BLACK MAMBA

Today is the memorial of Our Lady of Loreto & the Translation of the Holy House† (relocated 1291, 1294, & 1295): Our Lady-link, Holy House-link, & Wikipedia-link.

Commentary: My reverence might not always seem "reverent," but this is because the Lord in His Providence created me to be a goofball & I strive to be authentic in my adoration of Him. Thus it is in earnest that I reiterate the following maxim: I like my religion like I like my politics—just that little bit crazy. After the fall of Acre (1291), angels lifted up & relocated to Italy the Christ's childhood home? I can dig it.

Today is also the memorial of Blessed Pietro Tecelano† (circa 1200-1289): Blessed-link & Wikipedia-link (scroll down to "Pier Pettinaio").

Scripture of the Day
Personal Reading
The Acts of the Apostles, chapter fifteen.

Daily Mass Readings
The Book of Isaiah, chapter forty, verses twenty-five through thirty-one;
Psalm One hundred three;
The Gospel according to Matthew, chapter eleven, verses twenty-eight through thirty.

No comments: