Sunday, June 14, 2015

24 Heures du Mans | 03:02:00

Lunchtime in Le Mans, time to break the fast in Michigan. I can feel a fog lifting from my brain as the sky grows lighter, a parallel to the "happy hour" at Le Mans I described earlier. I'm exhausted, depleted, lethargic, but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

The № 19 Porsche, the non-full W.E.C. season car driven by F1 pilot Nico Hülkenberg of Force India (Mercedes), Earl Bamber, & Nick Tandy, continues to lead, with Mark Webber's № 17 in second. Audis cling precariously to third & fourth. There is still so much time left that, truly, anything could happen; that an atmosphere of inevitability hangs over the proceedings is all the more evidence that the apple cart is about to be overturned.

In G.T.E. Pro, the № 51 Ferrari, last year's class-winning car, continues to lead the № 64 Corvette, though the 'Vette is making up ground, slowly but surely.

No comments: