Saturday, June 13, 2015

24 Heures du Mans | 11:32:00

Tempus fugit—Time flies!

More than halfway through the race, once around the twice-around-the-clock test of endurance, the running order in P.1 for the overall victory is:

1st: № 9 Audi (Filipe Albuquerque, Marco Bonanomi, & René Rast)
2nd: № 19 Porsche (Nico Hülkenberg, Earl Bamber, & Nick Tandy)
3rd: № 7 Audi (Marcel Fässler, André Lotterer, & Benoît Tréluyer)
4th: № 17 Porsche (Mark Webber, Timo Bernhard, & Brendon Hartley)
5th: № 8 Audi (Lucas di Grassi, Loïc Duval, & Oliver Jarvis)
6th: № 18 Porsche (Romain Dumas, Neel Jani, & Marc Lieb)
7th: № 2 Toyota (Alexander Wurz, Stéphane Sarrazin, & Mike Conway)
8th: № 1 Toyota (Anthony Davidson, Sébastien Buemi, & Kazuki Nakajima)

The № 64 Corvette is consistently training the G.T.E. Pro lead with the № 99 Aston Martin, swapping back & forth as they have for hours now. Glorious!

In G.T.E. Am, Patrick Dempsey, co-driving with Porsche factory hotshoes Patrick Long & Marco Seefried, is running fourth in class, in definite contention for the podium. After years of running the both the A.L.M.S. & the Grand-Am Series (since merged as the worst-of-both-worlds United SportsCar Championship), this year Mr. Dempsey is taking on the challenge of the full World Endurance Championship calendar. I wish him well as he follows in the footsteps of actor/racers Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, & James Garner.



Also, I've learned that Le Mans is on Central European Summer Time (C.E.S.T.). I had no idea Europe observed daylight saving time.

Project GLOWWORM
Earlier today, I had to take a few moments away from the Circuit de la Sarthe to cut my hair. I'd meant to do so on Thursday & then again on Friday, & finally enough was enough. I've long maintained that every now & again 'tis necessary to trim my hair with the shorter № 1 trimmer instead of the longer № 2. Of late, though, № 1 has been the length of choice & I've finally recognized this as the new normal. At present, I prefer the shorter looks & feel. I've long said that ease of maintenance was the principal objective of my hairstyle, & a № 1 trim is even easier to maintain than a № 2 trim. In my electronic calendar, a № 1 trim is denoted as "WILDFIRE." For the time being, WILDFIRE is standard operating procedure.

No comments: