Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The R.B.D. Song of the Day | Visions of the Future


Go Sailor, "Blue Sky" from Go Sailor (The Last Angry Spaceman)

Captain's Log: "Blue Sky" is about leaving Earth, though more in the sense of shuffling off this mortal coil than in the sense of leaving on a jet plane. Methinks this apropos, given that though we think of the earth as our home, it is so for only the briefest of spans. This is our homeworld, but even those of us who will never slip the bonds of gravity are only visitors.
"Blue sky,
Got my angel by my side,
Never been up this high,
Getting ready with a heart ready to see,
I know you'll be coming for me,
I wish, I wish I could have known,
That someday, that someday
I'd have all these stupid things to say,
This was home to me once,
But now I think I'll give it away,
I'm gonna give it away…"

No comments: