Monday, February 8, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Anti-Valentine's Song of the Day

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "She Just Happened" from Pay Attention (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: Welcome to the bitterest, most contrarian week of the R.B.D.S.O.T.D.'s whole year. Leave the already-dead flowers to wilt without water, throw out the heart-shaped box of chocolates, & grind into powder those chalky candies with the insipid messages like "BE MINE" & "I LUV U." Pour yourself a stiff drink, resist the temptation to drunk dial your ex, & set your countenance into its fiercest scowl. Things may look bad now, but they're going to get much worse before they get better.
"From there it went nowhere
And I'm glad it fell apart,
The next thing I remember, here we are.
Not to diminish what it was,
Well, there's no reason to because
Ago it was so long and away it seems so far…

"What just happened?
She just happened,
She just happened to cross my mind,
Without warning she crossed my mind,
She just happened to me…"

No comments: