Monday, January 4, 2021

Bonus! Girl Trouble Song o' the Day

Avril Lavigne, "Darlin'" from Goodbye Lullaby (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary:
"Darlin', you're hiding in the closest once again, start smilin',
I know you're tryin' real hard not to turn your head away, pretty darlin',
Face tomorrow, tomorrow's not yesterday, yesterday.

"Pretty please, I know it's a drag,
Wipe your eyes and put up your head,
I wish you could be happy instead,
There's nothing else I can do but love you the best that I can,
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

"Darlin', I was there once a while ago, I know
That it's hard to be stuck with people that you love
When nobody trusts…

"You're not the only one who's been through,
I've been there alone and now so are you,
I just want you to know, what you to know,
it's not your fault, it's not your fault…

"Darlin', you're hiding in the closest once again, start smilin'."

No comments: