Friday, May 7, 2021

Bonus! Song o' the Day: SKAfter Party

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "I Don't Believe in Anything" from When God Was Great (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: Super new music!
"I've had enough of all of the tough love,
I'd like to get back to the normal that I knew.
If what you're saying here is, 'Stay away from there,' then
That's not something that I'm gonna do.

"As we calmly start to panic,
All the mayhem makes me manic.

"So don't tell me that there's a downside,
Can't you see it's going worldwide?
I don't believe in anything!
Baby, I don't believe in, I don't believe in.
Don't tell me what your rules are,
Usually that won't get you too far,
And you know, you, too, can't believe it,
What I believe is I don't believe in anything!…

"You tend to talk down the fucking lockdown,
Drag out and knock down, who are you talking to?

"We are slowly going faster
Headlong into a disaster.

"So don't tell me that there's a downside,
Can't you see it's going worldwide?
I don't believe in anything!…"

No comments: