Saturday, January 15, 2005

Back in the summer of 2000, my erstwhile friend and housemate Uncle Jerry acquired a steady girlfriend (now fiance) and promptly started having sex on a routine basis. He also acquired the distateful habit of marching into my room, which was off the kitchen, and proclaiming in a manner quite reminiscent of a town cryer, "I have just had sex!" Sometimes, if my door was open, he would stand in the kitchem, making himself a sandwich, and make the same boast. His favorite technique was to come in, approach for a handshake, and lean in to whisper, "I just had sex." In a word: classy.

It's not jealousy that he was having sex and I wasn't, I consider that conduct to have been reprehensible. Sexual morality is one thing, you are free to fuck whomever you want to fuck, but I cannot and will abide such unseemly braggadocio. In a related matter, I have discontinued reading a friend's. The individual in question is free to fuck whomever he/she wants to fuck, but there are things to which I will not be a party, and this is one.

Yes M!ch!gan!
On Thursday, the daytime high was in the mid-fifties, a genuine abomination. The temperature then plunged fifty degrees Fahrenheit in less than twenty-four hours. Our daytime high today is supposed to be in the mid-teens. I just changed Sam's litterbox and I can tell you it's colder than a witch's tit out there. Ah, as it should be.

No comments: