Monday, April 25, 2005

The malingering continues; my father has not been to work since April 15. I have a stream of snot pouring from my nose that could best be described as a torrent, a minor illness at worst, and yet I am by far the most sick individual in the house. The situation would not be so intolerable if he would simply stop pretending he is sick. He has five weeks of vacation every year; I would at least understand if he said he just didn't feel like going to work for a week (now entering the second). But no! He has no cough, he is not sneezing, his nose is not stuffed up, his breathing is not at all labored, he is not running a fever, and his sickness does not require bed rest, but he insists he is ill. He is too sick to go to work, but plenty healthy to snack all day while watching Fox News and day trading online. The filthy hatemonger will no longer be known as Meine Vater, but rather as The Malingerer. (I thought about The Goldbricker, but I believe I prefer The Malingerer.) He is the worst human being I have ever had the displeasure of personally knowing. Just get it over with and fucking die, you monster.

No comments: