Thursday, April 28, 2005

"With my last breath, I curse Zoidberg!"

Old Man at the Rock Show
A couple weeks ago at the Less Than Jake show, I was wearing my ever-popular "NOT A FROG" T-shirt. Strangers fucking love the "NOT A FROG" shirt. Between Hidden in Plain View (boo) and Allister (yay) a fifteen year old girl turned to me and said, "Your shirt is like the best thing I've ever seen." With my usual staggering lack of wit I replied, "Thank you. But that's kind of sad." I mean, it's a damned cool T-shirt (the award for best independent interpretation goes to Whitney Elliott), but if a blue T-shirt with "NOT A FROG" written in white block letters is the best thing you have seen, Bog, that's mind bogglingly sad.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd love to celebrate Guy Fawkes Day, but I'm, well, you know, Catholic. If you don't know what that has to do with Guy Fawkes Day, how do you even find the energy to get up in the morning?

No comments: