Saturday, December 3, 2005

The Magic of Shazam!
That motherfucker Judd Winick KILLED Captain Nazi in Batman No. 647! Jumpin' Jack Pratt, who in the Sam Hill does that talentless prick think he is?! My faith in DC Comics has been so thoroughly shaken that today I went to Comic Relief and bought all eight issues of House of M. Things are looking so bad I'm actually thinking of jumping ship to Marvel Comics, or at least reading some Marvel books until a coup at DC overthrows the tyrannical Dan DiDio and restores DC's good name.

It's the principle that bothers me here, not Captain Nazi's actual death. Sure, he was a servicable character, but I think I can actually use this to improve The Magic of Shazam! Captain Nazi was going to be the mastermind behind the neo-Nazi gangs in "Kristallnacht," and later he'd join up with ODESSA's Nazi superteam, Kriegsmachine, among whom we'd meet Nazi's grandniece Katrina Krieger a.k.a. Madame Libertine (an Ordway creation, I was going to rename her Frau Libertine). Instead, I'll have ODESSA amp up her telepathic powers and use her as a testbed to recreate Captain Nazi's powers of super strength, a decent degree of invulnerability, and flight. Hmm, perhaps through telekinesis. Young Katrina will thus become a Captain Nazi for the twenty-first century. (I've been thinking that I need to create more female adversaries, and here's a quick and easy way to do it.)

Kriegsmachine
Captain Nazi (an update of the classic concept)
Baron Blitzkrieg (another update, and a new man in the armor)
The Aryan Racer (my own)

No comments: