Friday, November 10, 2006

For Your Consideration
I wonder if we are going to see as much of Home For Purim in For Your Consideration as we saw of Red, White, & Blaine in Waiting for Guffman and the A Tribute to Irving concert in A Mighty Wind. Only one way to find out; there have to be a couple decent arthouse theaters in the Metroplex, right? Or at least one. Right? Drat!

My ignorance of the Winter War specifically, and Finnish history in general, is indefensible. I know between whom the Winter War was fought, but I don't know anything about the numbers of men involved, the specific campaigns, or the nuts and bolts of the armistice that ended the conflict (or merely paused it, depending on one's view of Finland's participation in the Second World War). Inexcusable. How dare I claim that "I know a lot about history"? Poppycock!

No comments: