Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Vote For Kodos... or, Heck, Vote For Kang If You Want
Today is Election Day in the Great Republic. If you have not already exercised your right to vote through your county's absentee process, I implore you to pay a visit to your assigned polling place. Obviously, I would urge you to vote for the Grand Old Party, but if your conscience commands you to vote for the Democrats, the party of Jefferson Davis and the Confederacy, by all means do so. Partisan preference is not nearly so important as plain participation. Vote!

There is a campaign by the Texas Secretary of State to increase the percentage of eligible voters who actually vote. It is called, and I admit this is not unclever, VOTEXAS. (I always loved the old "PLAYSOCCER" bumper sticker.)

And, in honor of the election...

BTW South Song of the Day
They Might Be Giants, "James K. Polk" from Factory Showroom (T.L.A.M.)

Monday, November 6
New Found Glory, "Understatement" from Sticks and Stones (Mt. Love)

Commentary: I considered Green Day's "American Idiot," thinking it both a logical and an entertaining selection, but ultimately rejected it since I like President Bush far more today than I did when first I voted for him six years ago, meaning, in the poisonous and jaundiced phrase from "Holiday," I do indeed "Zeig Heil to the President Gasman."

No comments: