Sunday, November 5, 2006

The Gunpowder Plot
A reminder: the November 5 holiday is Guy Fawkes Night, not Guy Fawkes Day. So, whatever anti-Catholic festivities you are planning should not begin until after dinner.

Honolulu Blue Forever
I wish I'd been able to see today's game not because I would have really liked to have seen a Lions win (though certainly I would have liked to see that), but because maybe if I'd seen it i would be able to understand what in teh Sam Hill happened. How did My beloved but feeble Lions manage to so thoroughly defeat the Atlanta Falcons? The Falcons aren't the Patriots, but sitll, they should have had no trouble overcoming the pathetic Lions. In the words of Fred Willard, "Wha' happ'n?" But never mind that for now, huzzah, the Lions will, at the very least, be no worse than Mornhinweg's first team! We'll finish at least 2-14! Woot!

23-65, Mr. Millen, 2-6 on the year. Have you no decency?

BTW South Song of the Day
New Order, "Blue Monday" from Music From the Motion Picture The Wedding Singer (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: