Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Celebrate!
Happy birthday to Doctor Hee Haw, America's funniest physician!

Happy anniversary to my parents, the Worrywart and the Goldbricker. Thirty-six years of marriage... wow.

And coming soon, "The Girls of September '79," our annual commemoration of the birth of four lovelies, all at one time or another close friends of mine, in just one month.

The Irrevocable Shackles of Matrimony
Conversing with Codename: PANDORA last evening, she inquired as to any nerves on the part of the Mountain of Love. I told her that I did not rightly know, that he had mentioned to me no nervousness, but that upon nearly the eve of such a momentous occasion some degree of nerves would seem par for the course. This evening, I conveyed to the Mountain the Sardine's query and he asked me for what reason he should feel nervous. I explained to him that most people are nervous in the days leading up to a wedding and that this was perfectly natural in even those who are most eager to walk down the aisle. He never answered the question; my ignorance persists.

The Victors
Even in these darkest of days (I beg that these are the darkest days), it is yet, as the chant insists, great (pause) to be (pause) a Michigan Wolverine. We are shamed, but we are unbroken. Go Blue!

No comments: