Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday to The Sardine, my favorite single gal in old New Amsterdam, whose glorious new boots arrived just in time for the big day. Happy birthday, Amanda!

The Time Machine. For those intrigued by this story, I recommend the film Good Bye Lenin!, which I quite enjoyed, finding it both funny and touching.

CADMUS
The full ins and outs and exact limits of CADMUS as as yet unknown, and no definitive final goal has yet been articulated, but the endeavour is slowly but surely spreading into every aspect of my life. An informal recounting of the ongoing work:

Project TROIKA - a novel (Tier 1 has been achieved, Tier 2 is ongoing, commencing preliminary research into Tier 4)

Project TRITON - a novel or a short story collection, prequel to the TROIKA novel (ongoing)

Project EPIMETHEUS - the righting of an ancient wrong (ongoing, and previously alluded to as "Phase 1" of CADMUS, with Project TROIKA as "the non-sequential Phase 2")

Objective ZED ALPHA - Jeopardy! Unless and until I am selected for an audition, I have done all I can do. If I am not selected, I shall try again the next time the online test is offered, using the revised codename Objective ZED BRAVO and so on and so forth until I am a contestant on the show.

Project PANDORA* - finding and winning the girl of my dreams (delayed until the implementation and evaluation of Operation ÖSTERREICH)

Operation ÖSTERREICH - a renewed commitment to physical fitness, including tackling and conquering the One Hundred Push Ups and Two Hundred Sit-ups Training Programs.

Other CADMUS initiatives under consideration: Project RADIANT, Operation AXIOM, Operation SALAD DAYS, et al.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Paddy O'Brien, "Rigney's/Ambrose Moloney's" from Green Linnet Records: The Twentieth Anniversary Collection (T.L.A.M.)

*Project PANDORA should not be mistaken for a single-minded pursuit of The Sardine, formerly also known as "Codename PANDORA," though both are references to the same idea. I see myself essentially as Epimetheus, a Titan and the lesser known brother of Prometheus and Atlas, all sons of Iapetus. True to form, Epimetheus was also overshadowed by his wife, Pandora. I seek my own Pandora, a girl of wit and beauty whose great "flaw" is insatiable curiosity, and I shall not mind a wit being her Epimetheus.

No comments: