Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Believe
1st Intermission: Red Wings 2-2 Penguins
Best of seven: Detroit 2-0 Pittsburgh

Fiddlesticks! My mothered arrived home from her grandmothering stint and I missed Pittsburgh's second goal in all the hubbub. A word, though, about the great Sidney Crosby: how in Bog's name can anyone who calls himself a hockey player leave a sniper of Henrik Zetterberg's caliber undefended that close to the goal? Chump. Go Wings!

Believe.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
William Shatner & Brad Paisley, "Real" from Has Been (T.L.A.M.)

Montag, 1 Juni
They Might Be Giants, "Lazyhead and Sleepybones" from No! (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I did not bloggy blog yesterday because I was dead tired. I drove from Grand Blanc to (beyond) Chicago on Thursday, from beyond Chicago to Grand Blanc on Friday, from Grand Blanc to Columbus on Saturday, and from Columbus to Grand Blanc on Sunday. So, I hope you'll forgive the delay and rightly attribute it to exhaustion, not a lack of enthusiasm for The Secret Base or appreciation for you as a audience.

Sonntag, 31 Mai
R.F. Modulator, "Ashtray Romance" from The Pink Tape (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: R.F. Modulator is a new band in Chicago with guitars by Paul Doerr and vocals by the one and only Ki-El! Beyond that details are sketchy, but The Pink Tape is just what it says: not a compact disc, not an online release, it is a bright pink cassette tape. You can't put a price on that kind of style.

You can also hear their music through the marvel of the internets: R.F. Modulatorlink.


Samstag, 30 Mai
The Sandfleas, "My Baby's Got a Poopy Diaper" from Rice Capades (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Not my baby, mind you, my nephew.

Freitag, 29 Mai
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "I Lost on Jeopardy!" from In 3-D (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I didn't actually lose on Jeopardy!, this is just the only song I know about Jeopardy! Nothing else establishes nerd cred quite as well as a "Weird Al" song that directly addresses your life experience.

Donnerstag, 28 Mai
The Blues Brothers, "Sweet Home Chicago" from The Blues Brothers Original Soundtrack Recording (T.L.A.M.)

Mittwoch, 27 Mai
The Puppini Sisters, "Walk Like An Egyptian" from The Rise and Fall of Ruby Woo (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: