Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The National Youth Jazz Orchestra, "The Taking of Pelham One Two Three" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I am begging each of you not to see the new film The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3. John Travolta stars in a roll originally played by the late Robert Shaw. Please, please do nothing to support this travesty. I will mail my D.V.D. of the 1974 film, The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, starring Shaw as "Mr. Blue" and Walter Mathau as Lt. Garber, to anyone who wishes to see it; additionally, I own the novel upon which that film was based and am willing to loan it to anyone wishing to read the source material. Do not see The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, take a stand against Hollywood's parade of soulless remakes, the remorseless pillaging of our cinematic heritage. I thank you.

No comments: