Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Queue
I finished Murder on the Orient Express this afternoon in the bath, during a lull in the live television coverage of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I read the first approximately forty pages of The Immortalists last year, but abandoned it so as to devote more fully my attention and mental energies to Project TROIKA. So, does my reading of the book now call into question my focus on Project TRITON? I don't think so, I can feel the ideas churned away and taking shape in the more unconscious part of my mind, but I shall remain watchful and if I seem not to be devoting the proper attention to TRITON, I'll suspend my leisure reading until after the Michaelmas deadline.

Recently
Agatha Christie, And Then There Were None a.k.a. Ten Little Indians a.k.a. Ten Little Niggers
Agatha Christie, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
Agatha Christie, Murder on the Orient Express

Currently
David M. Friedman, The Immortalists: Charles Lindbergh, Dr. Alexis Carrel, and Their Daring Quest to Live Forever

Presently
Nick Hornby, Shakespeare Wrote For Money
Agatha Christie, Three Act Tragedy
Francie Lin, The Foreigner
Agatha Christie, Cards on the Table
Agatha Christie, Murder at the Vicarage

Steve Martin, Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Michael Giacchino, "Speed Racer" from Speed Racer: Original Motion Picture Score (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: