Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Explorers Club
No. CCV - The Guillaume Affair: East German agent Günter Guillaume (1927-1995) & the fall of Willy Brandt (1913-1992), Chancellor of West Germany.









The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Loose Ties, "Becca's Song" from the The Loose Ties E.P. (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary (encompassing both Project PANDORA & "Code Name: CHAOS"): For as long as I've been a fan of The Loose Ties I've been attracted to Becca, saxophonist & secondary vocalist; she's lovely, & she plays & sings in a ska band. How could I possibly resist? Why would I want to, anyway? But at this point I'd have to admit that, yes, I am infatuated with her, based on interactions at the last two Loose Ties shows that I can only characterize as flirty. Most of the code names I've considered for her are rather infantile, arising out of the similarity of the words "sax" & "sex" (influenced since childhood, no doubt, by the fictional "Bleeding Gums" Murphy's album Sax on the Beach); examples include "The Sexophonist," "The Sexy-phonist," "Sexy Sax," & "Sex/Sax." Yeah, I know. If I cannot better these puerile candidates, I shall have to pummel my the face with a brick.

I do admit it is discouraging that the one song on which she sings lead is titled "Becca's Song." It's apt, sure, but….

2 comments:

The Guy said...

What happened with the Loose Ties this weekend? You're not the Superfan anymore?

Mike Wilson said...

Details forthcoming in a "Project MERCATOR" post, but there's no need for concern, nothing serious happened.