Saturday, November 13, 2010

Last night, I concluded Volume VII of my journal & began Volume VIII. Volume VII covers the period of 13 November 2007 to 12 November 2010, almost precisely three years. "Almost precisely" to the point of being spooky. This seems a ripe moment to pose two questions to my boon companion The Guy:

{a} You recall what instructions to follow upon my demise?
{b} Are you yet willing to discharge those instructions?

Kindly answer in the affirmative or the negative, betraying no further details.

The Victors
Michigan 27-16 Purdue
7-3, Big Ten 3-3

That was one of the least satisfying football games I've seen, but any win the valiant Wolverines can walk away with is a good win. Despite the futility & head-scratching ineptitude, the valiant Wolverines won their seventh game of the season. Michigan is 7-3! Even should we lose the remaining games of the regular season & our bowl game, the end-of-the-year record could be no worse than 7-6… with 8-5 entirely within the realm of the possible! After '08's previously unimaginable 3-9 & '09's heartbreaking 5-7, 7-3 (almost certainly to be 7-5 after contests against the pesky Badgers & hated Buckeyes) is almost impossible to accept. Is this true? Have the valiant Wolverines really won more games than they can possibly lose? Are we winners again, even if we are not yet again what we once were? I could cry, if I wasn't so busy shaking my head at the madness of our last two games. The world is a funny old place, isn't it?

Go Blue!

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Edvard Grieg, "In the Hall of the Mountain King" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Freitag, 12 November
Taylor Swift, "Better Than Revenge" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I blame Mrs. Skeeter, Esq. for this.

6 comments:

The Guy said...

Affirmative.

Mike Wilson said...

Roger. Tango Yankee, Zulu November.

The Guy said...

November Papa, Mike Papa Whiskey.

Mike Wilson said...

I'm in no way criticizing your remarks, but I find interesting the surfeit of "November Papas" contrasted with the paucity of "Yankee Whiskeys." People don't like to say Yankee Whiskey anymore.

skeeter said...

Do you put alternate plans in place before getting in a car with together? Or, do you have to travel separately, like the president and the vp?

Mike Wilson said...

Nope, there is no extant contingency plan. If The Guy predeceases me, I'll be in need of a new agent. There is also no plan to address his & my simultaneous demise. One problem is, as we might discuss in private, a dearth of willing agents; there is no offense to him in this, but he was not my first choice. That first choice refused me, making me all the more grateful to The Guy for rising to the occasion.