Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Explorers Club
No. CCXIII - The U.S.S. Triton SSRN-586 & Operation SANDBLAST, the first underwater circumnavigation of the globe.









The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Sufjan Stevens, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" from Songs for Christmas (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: 'Tis the third Sunday of Advent, Gaudete Sunday, and just as the rose-colored candle differs from its three violet fellows, so too shall the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. differ from Sufjan Stevens's three brilliant versions of "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel." I hope one & all are enjoying a jubilant, strengthening Advent, & looking forward to the Christmastide with joyousness & mirth.

Samstag, 11 Dezember
The University of Michigan Marching Band, "I Can't Turn You Loose" from A Saturday Tradition (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I'm not complaining, but at one point during The Big Chill at the Big House the Michigan Marching Band had played "I Can't Turn You Loose" for so long I turned to my companion & asked if he thought they were trying to set the day's second Guinness World Record, for longest continual performance of "I Can't Turn You Loose." As if on cue, they then ceased, leaving me somewhat chagrined.

Freitag, 10 Dezember
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "You Can't Win" from A Jackknife to a Swan (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: What an altogether awful day!

"You can't win, no, you'll never win!"

No comments: