Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wilson
If I might indulge in the third person for a moment, Uncle Mike is gifting his wee nephew Where's Teddy? with a whale of a present. Behold! the Radio Flyer Retro Rocket (purchased at a deep discount because the box had been somewhat abused), appropriate for ages 1-3:



Remember, Theodore, Uncle Mike is your favorite!

The Squeak was gifted a stuffed animal bigger than her tiny person, a monkey, because there's no better word in the English language than "monkey;" that was her birthday present, mirroring the giant stuffed animal elephant Where's Teddy? was gifted when he turned one. For Christmas, The Squeak was gifted an adorably small pair of snow boots. Duly noted for the future: shopping for babies is more fun than shopping for adults.

Remember, Natalie, Uncle Mike is your favorite!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Fountains of Wayne, "I Want an Alien for Christmas" from Out-of-State Plates, Disc Two (Mrs. Skeeter, Esq.)

Commentary: The flood of R.B.D.S.O.T.D. nominations has been gratifying & overwhelming. Keep 'em coming! The Secret Base is my blog, but it doesn't mean anything without you, treasured readers. Let's make the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. as communal an experience as we can. I thank you.

1 comment:

brenda cox giguere said...

Now that the year is coming rapidly to a close (twenty more minutes of 2010 here in California as I write this), let me send my thanks for writing an exceptionally engaging blog. It's been fun getting to know you and your friends, and I look forward to more adventures in 2011. Cheers!