Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Birthday!
Best wishes for a phenomenally jolly birthday to The Guy! The Guy is unshakable, a bastion of reason & calm in a sea of chaotic excitement, yet simultaneously I've never known anyone else who was more at his ease in the furious maw of the mosh pit. The Guy is a man of many splendid facets, which seem to be contradictions but are in reality complements. In his wooing, winning, & in due time wedding of The Gal he is the poster boy for getting better than you deserve, an exemplar of the glory to which we should all aspire. He has been my teammate, he is my fellow Blue Tree Whacker, & it is my supreme joy to brag that he is my friend. Happy birthday, Zach!

He's Dead, Jim
Day 3: I'm still ailing, but at the risk of inviting disaster I think a corner has been turned: my fever is lessening & one of my nostrils is clear enough to permit breathing. I did not repeatedly awake during the night of Thursday-Friday as I did during the night of Wednesday-Thursday, allowing my eleven hours of sleep to be the blessed rest I needed. This bout with the dreadful sick cannot pass too swiftly for my liking.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Christina Perri, "Jar of Hearts" via iTunes (Farr Afield)

1 comment:

The Guy said...

Thank you, Mike! Your kind words are yet another example of me receiving better than I deserve, but I'm happy to have them.