Thursday, February 17, 2011

I can't be the only one who thinks the band name Lady Antebellum sounds a little pro-slavery.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Loose Ties, "Becca's Song" from the The Loose Ties E.P. (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Before The Loose Ties were The Lose Ties, most of the members were together for four years in a ska band called Another Misprint. During this period, Farr Afield (alto saxophone & secondary vocals, primary on "Becca's Song") dated front man Phil (code name pending; primary vocals & guitar). She penned "Becca's Song" about their break-up, which Phil told me makes it super fun for him to play… at almost every show. Yikes!

"So, you think there might be something out there better than me
And you'd be missing out if you just didn't look-see,
And if you find it's not true you hope there's still you and me,
But don't count on it, 'cause I won't wait.
And you realize you love me, but you just can't get past yourself,
And you can't give it all up and put me before everything else.
Well, at least you've been honest, but still all I hear is:
'I don't love you enough.'"

2 comments:

the guy said...

They're a country group that makes reference to the pre-Civil War era. Yeah, I hate them.

twg said...

Oog, this just happened to me, "All I hear is: 'I don't love you enough.'" Blurg.