Thursday, March 3, 2011

He's Dead, Jim
My fever has been gone for a week. I was healthy enough last weekend to travel to Connecticut by way of New York, but I knew myself then still to be recovering; I abstained from booze & was in general a party-pooper, trying to accumulate as much rest as I could. Had I been any less well than I was, I would have begged off. I have yet a slight sniffle & every now & again a shallow cough, but I feel again myself. My vim is returned, my enthusiasm restored. I do so loathe being under the thumb of the dreadful sick. I am tremendously glad to be myself again.

Coming Attractions
'Twixt the dreadful sick & two consecutive weekends of master debating, I know that there have been slim pickings around here for the last fortnight; upon my return from Oregon, I aim to remedy that. I owe you Project PANDORA reports on The Princess & Farr Afield, all the latest with Project MERCATOR, "Autobahn," "This Week in Motorsport," "The Atlanticist," "Vote For Kodos" & "Obamboozled," & much, much more. The Secret Base would be meaningless without you, gentle readers, & as ever I thank you for your patience & patronage.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Jimmy Eat World, "The Middle" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: In much the same fashion as Green Day's Dookie or No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom, the music of Jimmy Eat World summons powerful reminisces of a very specific time in my life. The aforementioned albums were the soundtrack to my high school years, Jimmy Eat World brings to mind the halcyon days in Ann Arbor at the house we called simply 1213. And even more specifically, my erstwhile friend & The Newsletter co-creator The Plate, an ardent fan of Jimmy Eat World, whose swift & thorough betrayal caught me entirely off my guard; perhaps I should have seen it coming, but he was my friend, meaning I trusted him implicitly. I know not why "The Middle" popped into my head today, bringing with it the unwelcome remembrance of that rat fink.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Pei pa koa is pretty decent cough medicine (from herbal as I remembered), great non alcoholic medicine, some western cough medicine are more effective, but this is non drowsy.

You can access info online @
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
ninjiom.50webs.com