Sunday, June 12, 2011

24 Heures du Mans | 06:31:00
This is insane (in the best possible sense)! Nearly three quarters of the way through the 24 Hours the Peugeots & the last Audi standing are not only running on the same lap, a rarity in an endurance race this long, but within a handful of seconds of each other! Parity, parity, almost incomprehensible parity!

Also, I well understand that Audi & Peugeot are fighting for the overall win, & that Corvette & several American drivers are competing for the G.T.E. Pro. class win, but I really wish Speed & the official A.C.O. video feed would spend more time on the P.2 field. There are four classes (arguably five) in competition, guys. I'm not saying they each deserve an equal slice of the coverage pie, but surely we can come up with something more equitable that what we've got now? Also, I demand more Pescarolo. Henri Pescarolo is a Le Mans legend, give him & his resurrected team their due!

I'm going to get weirder & weirder 'til the dawn, & then tomorrow I'll just be distracted all day. The sad part is that, if past experience is any guide, I won't really be able to fall asleep much earlier than normal tomorrow. Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! It's not just that I'm staying awake so long. It's that I'm staying awake so long alone.

No comments: