Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Winged Wheel: Stanley Cup Special
I am glad to see the Boston Bruins claim Lord Stanley's Cup for three reasons: {a} the Bruins are among the inaccurately-named Original Six, a invaluable part of the lore & tradition of the N.H.L.; {b} my sincere hope is that the Cup is never again won by a team from the Canadas, or if it must return to that benighted land let it at least reside with the Toronto Maple Leafs or the Montreal Canadiens, who are less loathsome than the others only by their membership in the Original Six; & {c} if the tale of Tim Thomas doesn't warm your heart than you simply have no regard for sport or the sportsman. My congratulations to Boston & a job well done to the Bruins.

Project OSPREY: Bastardized N.B.A Special
As long as we are on professional sports, it is a sorry state of affairs when a team from deep in the heart of darkness is the lesser of two evils. It is an even sorrier state of affairs when the vile Mark Cuban is not the most villainous bloke in a given milieu. Yet both of those preposterous conditions were satisfied in the N.B.A. finals, contested betwixt the Dallas Mavericks & the Miami Heat(s). I cannot congratulate the "Mavs" on their championship, but I do extend my thanks to them for defeating the Axis Powers of Miami.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Billy Joel, "Tell Her About It" from An Innocent Man (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: My mom was playing the C.D. in her motor car when we drove over to meet one of her oldest friend's newest grandchild/one of my childhood friend's firstborn child & it got stuck in my head.

No comments: