Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Queue
As expected, Carte Blanche is a fourteen-day loan, rather than the usual twenty-eight days.

This Week in Motorsport
I received word from Captain Malice later on Monday evening, after the publication of the last "This Week in Motorsport." His message was brief, that he'd "get with" me on the following day, Tuesday. I've received no word from the Captain since, putting the kibosh on the race weekend excursion to the Badger State. Alack!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
She & Him, "Sentimental Heart" from Volume One (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I am enamored of Zooey Deschanel's voice, quite apart from also being enamored with her visage & her bizarre choices as a thespian. I was once told that someone, whose identity must be shielded, even beyond our usual code name procedures, was very hostile to Deschanel's singing. This was not someone for whose opinions I give a tinker's damn; her opinion neither positively nor negatively influenced mine own. But at the risk of overreaching I think there just might be something not insignificant about our disagreement. She & I see the world in starkly different terms. She favors rigid conformity, I favor individual initiative. We disagree about religion. We disagree about politics. We disagree about popular culture. Zooey Deschanel's voice is not the cause of our disagreements, but it has become, in some small way, at least to me, that disagreement's aural mascot.

"Old habits die hard when you've got,
When you've got a sentimental heart."

No comments: