Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Awolnation, "Sail" courtesy of The Watergirl (The Watergirl)

Commentary: The Wikipedia gives the band's name as AWOLNATION, but provides no clue for what longer string of words "AWOLNATION" is an acronym or initialism; thus, I reject the all-capitals spelling as nonsense. ("A.W.O.L. Nation" would make sense, but seems not to be the case.) How do I spell E. E. Cummings's name? As E. E. Cummings, not the nonsensical "e.e. cummings." Nominations for the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. are always appreciated & (so far) always honored, but it must be said that "Sail" is quite an unfortunate song, "unfortunate" being a newly favored euphemism. Awolnation is followed in my iTunes library by Bad Religion, specifically "Los Angeles is Burning," which helps to get the "bad taste" out of my ears.

I'm now off to watch the new N.B.C. sitcom Whitney. I do this mostly out of spite. A family member is a devoted fan of the Thursday night N.B.C. comedies, but upon seeing a promo for Whitney she proclaimed that the show would be awful. As opposed to what, the sheer brilliance of Parks and Recreation? (An abomination that she enjoys thoroughly.) I do not vouch for Whitney, it might well be terrible, but I'll give it a fair shake out of spite. Spite!

No comments: