Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Victors: Halftime
(№ 11) Michigan 7-7 Michigan State (№ 23)

I do not defend the valiant Wolverines' hideous uniforms, because they are indefensible; I have long held that real men wear yellow pants, & if we lose today I will say that we deserved to lose because we were not man enough to wear yellow pants. That said, are the dastardly Spartans aware—& I only ask because you & I know that the average dastardly Spartan has barely enough cognitive power on hand to set his own couch ablaze & open his forty ounce bottle of malt liquor—that neither black nor bronze are amongst their school colors? I know that green & white is an awfully long list for a dastardly Spartan to remember, but it should be noted that neither black nor bronze are found on that two item list, green & white. The valiant Wolverines' uniforms are indefensible, but the dastardly Spartans' are inexcusable.

Go Blue!

As a side note, between the growing uniform anarchy & the conference realignment fiasco, college football will be unwatchable in five years, ten years at the outside. Enjoy it whilst it lasts, my friends, because our beloved game will be gone before you now it, & we shall be the worse off for its passing. Doom, doom, doom.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The University of Michigan Marching Band, "Let's Go Blue" from A Saturday Tradition (T.L.A.M.)

3 comments:

twg said...

I went to an alumni bar and the "Are we playing Oregon?" jokes abounded.

Mike Wilson said...

The thing is, Watergirl, that we've worn two different, exceedingly ugly "alternate" uniforms in just seven games, & at this rate, we are in grave peril of becoming Oregon ourselves, no matter what fell & well-deserved fate befalls the dastardly Spartans. I'm not sure whom to blame, Dave Brandon or Brady Hoke, but the window for preventing this horror show from worsening is, in my estimation, fleeting.

twg said...

I think it was more of a joke about the colors, but yeah, the bumblebee shoulders are not cool (especially on the away jersey). I yearn for the days of our simple Nike jerseys of yore.