Friday, October 28, 2011

What an altogether awful day! The misery was self-inflicted in that I once again, despite repeatedly learning the hard way the lesson that no good deed goes unpunished, lent a hand to a worthy undertaking. Were it not for my conscience, founded in my faith in the Christ, I'd be a complete bastard, one with a stone heart, cold & immune to idiots' cries for assistance. There are days when I envy that hypothetical bastard, & only with adequate temporal distance do I regain the perspective to realize that for all the worldly suffering of the day, I've the far better lot than he. The poor devil triumphs in the moment only to perish in the long run. To sleep, & thus to put this horrid day in my rear view mirror, will be a great relief.

Project MERCATOR
The Psych watching party on Wednesday last went well. I caught glimpses of the old annoyances, but the initial sources of fondness were more often & thoroughly evinced. As a bonus, the new episode of Psych, "This Episode Sucks," was a hoot, even by the high standards of Psych's usual brilliance. I am well pleased by how the reunion-esque shindig fared.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Dr. John & The Blues Brothers Band, "Season of the Witch" from Blues Brothers 2000: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "Beatniks are out to make it rich."

No comments: