Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Autobahn
I saw a Fisker Karma today, not in motion but parked in front of the Buick/G.M.C. pavilion of the mammoth multiple-marque "Auto Plaza" motorcar dealership that spans damned near half a mile alongside South Saginaw Street in my beloved Grand Blanc. Quite eye-catching is Henrik Fisker's namesake. The Karma's extravagant price might help to explain why so many denizens of Genesee County's less affluent municipalities resent Grand Blanc as a enclave of wealth, privilege, & snobbery.

Later in the day I found myself motoring behind a Camaro painted in the most hideous shade of neon green. The vanity plate on the verdant eyesore? "GRRREEN." What a perfect encapsulation of why Mrs. Skeeter, Esq. remarked, when I told her of my fanciful desire to purchase a Camaro, that I should save myself quite a bit of money & just have made a T-shirt emblazoned with the word "Douchebag."

The Rebel Black Dot Hanukkah Song of the Day
Susan Egan "We Are Lights/Shalom Alaychem" from Winter Tracks (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: