Saturday, February 2, 2013

Operation AXIOM
'Tis Groundhog Day, & this morn Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring. My hope is that the groundhog is wrong; I would love to threaten an elaborate & poetic revenge should the groundhog's prediction prove true, but such a threat would be nothing more than bluster. Aside from the at best dubious morality of punitive measures against a large ground squirrel for a bizarre German-derived tradition* in which it is an unwitting pawn, I have time neither to plan nor to execute an elaborate & poetic revenge across state lines. So, I leave Phil to his keepers & will continue to hope that we have at least six more weeks of winter's fury, if not more. I'm not talking "always winter & never Christmas" here, but I was utterly deprived of winter in '11-'12, so it seems only fair that I be allowed be to enjoy extra winter in '12-'13. Fair is fair.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Mu330, "Raw Fish" from Ultra Panic (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Another song that has absolutely nothing to do with fish, other than to denounce the ignorance of anyone who would reject sushi simply because it is raw fish. This little theme has more than run its course, don't you agree?

*It seems redundant to call any German-derived tradition bizarre.

No comments: